Horse racing has also been one of the popular sports for centuries, and it is still very popular among sports enthusiasts.
The UK is much known for its fantastic horse racing tracks. There are 60 registered flat racing courses in the UK, and each of them has different specialities.
Due to the availability of so many racing courses, it can be challenging to choose the best one to go and get the best horse racing experience. In this article, you will get to know about the best horse race tracks in the UK. So if this sounds interesting, then keep reading this article.
Cheltenham is one of the most famous racecourses in the UK, and it is owned by Jockey Club Racecourses. The seating size of this racecourse is huge and can easily hold 67,500 spectators. Cheltenham racecourse is located at Prestbury Park, which is near Cheltenham, Gloucestershire.
Every racecourse has some benefits and here are some of the benefits of Cheltenham racecourse.
- The members of Cheltenham racecourse get complementary entry presented by the Magners preview ending.
- Except for the festival presented by Magners, the members get parking for the whole season.
- If you take exclusive membership, then you will get discounted entry in the November Lounge.
- Members also get selected guest badge days.
Address- Evesham Rd, Cheltenham GL50 4SH, United Kingdom
If you want to learn about the benefits more specifically, then you can also visit the website
Ascot Racecourse is located in Ascot, Berkshire and it is owned by Ascot Racecourse Ltd. In 1711, this racecourse was founded by Queen Anne and is very famous for its Royal Ascot event. It features both national hunt and flat races, and it can easily withstand 70,000 people. There are benefits that Ascot provides.
Here are some of them
- With the Ascot annual private box, you get versatility and discretion, and you won’t have to compromise on the unique race day.
- Except for the Royal event and King George Saturday, the Annual badge holders get access to the fourth floor King Edward 7th Enclosure for all race days.
- Ascot star card allows substantial discounts to 18-24 old on Ascot’s racing. Star cardholders can buy tickets at half price to all race days, excluding Royal Ascot and British Champions Day.
Address- High St, Ascot SL5 7JX, United Kingdom
To get a detailed explanation, you can click here
Aintree is owned by Jockey Club Racecourses and is located in Aintree, Merseyside. This racecourse is well known for holding the Grand National steeplechase annually. It is also considered as one of the most difficult racecourses to complete ain, it can easily withstand 75,000 people.
Here are some of the benefits offered by Aintree.
- It offers a limited number of concession tickets to senior citizens that can be purchased from the entrance.
- On the non-music and GN days, children 17 and below race free.
- With the Racepass, 18-24-year-old people can get tickets at half of the actual cost.
Address- Ormskirk Rd, Liverpool L9 5AS, United Kingdom
You can learn more about the details here-
The Newmarket racecourse is located in Newmarket, Suffolk and it is owned by Jockey Club Racecourses. It comprises two individual racecourses. One is the July Course, and the other is Rowley Mile. Out of five country’s classic races, two are hosted here, which are 1000 Guineas and 2000 Guineas.It also hosts a lot of other races and the seating size of Newmarket Racecourse is 20,000.
Some of its benefits are-
- Annual Badge holders get exclusive access and facilities in the Premier Enclosure.
- Provide all race day admission to its annual badge holders, including live music events regardless of sellouts.
- Annual Badge holders get special rates on many restaurants at both racecourses.
- The corporate membership includes at least four corporate badges and 25% of their event facilities and conferencing.
- Parking in the special annual badge holder car park
- For all the 18 to 24-year-old people, Newmarket racecourse provides the Bunbury club membership, which includes most of the premium benefits.
Address- Foremans Office Rowley Mile Racecourse, Newmarket CB8 0TG, United Kingdom
To get more detailed information, click here-
In terms of money offered, York is the third biggest racing course in England. It is owned by York Racecourse Knavesmire LLP, and it is located at York, North Yorkshire. The York course is good and easily withstand 60,000 people. Another great thing about this racecourse is that around 350,000 racegoers come in this racecourse per year.
Here are some of the benefits offered by the York Racecourse.
- The Annual badge holders can use the VIP bar near the weighing lawn.
- Annual Badge holders get daily racecard.
- They also get an invitation to the Ebor Preview and the annual badge holder event.
- Annual badge holders can also take a family member along with them in the Nunthorpe Suite at a family Sunday at a discount of 50%
- They also get a discount of 5 pounds for the Premier racing lounge and Melrose Club lounge
Address- Racecourse Road, Knavesmire Road, York YO23 1EX, United Kingdom
To learn more about the benefits, you can visit-
Goodwood horseracing course is located at Chichester, West Sussex and it is owned by Goodwood Estate, controlled by the Duke of Richmond family. This racecourse is very complex and has straight six furlongs. It also hosts the annual Glorious Goodwood meeting and can easily withstand 50,000 people.
Here are some membership benefits-
- The members get access to the kennels, the luxurious clubhouse for the Goodwood Estate’s members.
- They can invite a family member or friend for the dedicated guest days.
- They get access to the annual badge holder bar located at the opposite of winning post and only reserved for metal badge holders.
- Access to the Oaktree lawn during all the five days of the Qatar Goodwood festival
- Get annually printed newsletter and monthly digital newsletter.
Address- Selhurstpark Rd, Chichester PO18 0PS, United Kingdom
If you want to learn more, then you visit-
Doncaster Racecourse is located at Doncaster, South Yorkshire and it is owned by Arena Leisure Plc. It is also known as the Toor Moor Course. It hosts the St Leger Stakes and the Racing Post Trophy, which are two of Great Britain’s 36 annual Group 1 flat races. It is also one of the oldest racecourses in the UK and the seating size of this racecourse in 50,000 people.
Here are some membership benefits provided by Doncaster:
- The members get access to the ground, country, and family enclosures along with the Champagne Lawn
- The members can take their kids (under 18) for free.
- They get exclusive discounts for non-racing programs and events.
- They can upgrade to course facing restaurants at low prices.
Address- The Grandstand, Leger Way, Doncaster DN2 6BB, United Kingdom
If you want to learn more, visit-
Haydock Park Racecourse is owned by Jockey Club Racecourses, and it is located at Newton-le-Willows, Merseyside. One interesting thing about this racecourse is that in the 1880s, it was also used for hare coursing and it can easily withstand 50,000 people.
Some of the benefits provided by Haydock Racecourse are:
- Members can bring a friend and family member at family days
- Members get designed seating area.
- Special country access is given to the members.
- They get 10% on the hospitality books.
Address- Newton-le-Willows WA12 0HQ, United Kingdom
You can learn more here-
Newbury Racecourse is opened on 26 September 1905, and it is located at Newbury, Berkshire. It hosts the Lockinge Stakes, one of Great Britain’s 36 annual Group 1 flat races. The seating capacity of the Newbury Racecourse is 55,000 people.
Here are some of its benefits.
- Members get a secretary to clear their queries.
- They get access to reserved areas such as Berkshire stand and Hampshire stand.
- They get complimentary tickets to special events.
Address- The Racecourse, Racecourse Rd, Newbury RG14 7NZ, United Kingdom
You can learn more here-
Windsor Racecourse is owned by Arena Leisure PLC, and it is located at Windsor, Berkshire. This racecourse is also known as Royal Windsor Racecourse. There are only two figure-of-eight racecourses, and it is one of them. The seating capacity of Windsor is good, and it can withstand 60,000 people.
Here are some benefits of Windsor:
- The members get racecard vouchers and complimentary ARC admission
- The members get exclusive access to bar and lounge.
- They get car park permit, pass card, and Commemorative annual badge.
Address- Maidenhead Rd, Windsor SL4 5EZ, United Kingdom
To learn more, you can click here-
So these were some of the best horse race tracks in the UK and if you want to get the best experience, choosing a reputed horse racing course is important. We hope you got some useful information from this article.